Returning my Mac - what to expect?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by virtual, Nov 30, 2007.

1. virtual macrumors member

Didn't know which forum to post this is, but thought this was the most appropriate.

Firstly, hats off to Apple for their quality support. My iMac arrived with random shutdown syndrome, and after a random shutdown the computer was kaput, dead, nada, borked - it didn't even switch on!

Phoned AppleCare, 10 minute wait, the staff member asked what was wrong, after hearing my 20 second brief he said "Do you want a replacement, or to send it in for repair?". Of course I said A new replacement please!

A sales person phoned back 2 minutes later to arrange everything - all he really asked was for me to confirm my address. He told me TNT would be contacting me within 24-48 hours which they will pick up and deliver to the Apple warehouse where a shiny new iMac will be sent my way.

As soon as I put the phone down though, thoughts went rushing through my head. By contacting me, does he mean phoning prior to arrange everything, or simply knocking at my door and holding out his hand for the box? And when he said "deliver me a new iMac", is that from the warehouse, a UK Apple store, or from *gulp* China?

Sorting something out poses more questions )-:

So I ask you guys and gals if you have ever sent anything back for replacement, what the routine was like. I'm from the UK, for you information (-:

Thank you,
    Virtual.

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Well for me Apple has never had anyone contact me, they just sent out an RMA box.

3. imac2007 macrumors member

return

Well when I had MY freezing IMac the first call I got was from a gentleman saying they would replace it. Then I got a call from second man he emailed me shipping labels the i contacted UPS for a pick up as soon as UPS scanned the shipping labels they released my new computer from warehouse came overnight air hole think to 2 days to completed. Apple is the best

4. virtual thread starter macrumors member

Wowee! Considering it is now the weekend, and I doubt TNT/UPS work over that period, if I actually receive it next week then I would be extremely happy. If it doesn't have any problems, that be (-: