Returning my macbook worth it?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by surftex363, Jun 9, 2009.

  1. surftex363 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    #1
    Ok, 13 days ago i bought a refurb Macbook Pro.

    today they come out with new ones. My macbook is selling for 350$ less. But, for 150$ more than i paid i can get an awesome new 15 inch one.

    I Understand there is some restocking fee? Is it worth it to send it back and pay the extra 150$ for the new one. (i have the 15 inch right now also). Or would that cost me 150$ PLUS the like 300$ restocking fee?

    thanks.

    PS. Damn Apples 2 hour queue on the phone... for customer support.
     
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #2
    You have to pay the restocking fee. If you want to get a new one, you pay for the new one. So it's the cost of the new machine plus the restocking fee minus whatever the price difference is.
     
  3. surftex363 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    #3
    yeah, im gonna do it. Cause im just gonna sell the free Ipod touch. that will cover the restocking fee.
     
  4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

    geoffreak

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2008
    #4
    I guess the free iPod touch is good for something :p
     
  5. raxafarian macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2007
    #5
    Which new MPB? The base 15"? Then no... keep what you have. The base 15" is really just a 15" macbook.

    If you're looking at the mid MBP then maybe. Probably not worth the restocking fee and price difference.
     
  6. surftex363 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 24, 2009
    #6
    Im going for the Mid MBP. Its way better. Its 150 more than what i payed for my refurb MBP. plus 170$ restocking fee. Thats 320$. Minus say 200$ for ebayed iPod. Thats only 120$

    and what do I get for 120$? Double ram the ram, Better battery life, Snow Leopard, Bigger Harddrive, SD slot...
     
  7. bli625 macrumors 6502a

    bli625

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2009
    #7
    There's no Snow Leopard....
     
  8. 3rdLittlePiggie macrumors member

    3rdLittlePiggie

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    Location:
    Kansas City
    #8
    yeah SL is not out till September! :(

    One other option, if rumors are true...there will be a bunch of people unwilling to buy a computer without a "user replace-able" battery, yours might have just jumped in value on eBay...check it out...

    I am in the same boat, but have decided that the really only major factor for me to upgrade would be because of the 8Gb of RAM rather than 4Gb, but over the course of my computer's life, I'm sure that it wont really matter all that much...in the end I'd rather keep the money now and then in 4-5 years get a newer, shinyer, 256Gb RAM model! :p I can dream right?
     

Share This Page