Returning online timeframe

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Digickle, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Digickle macrumors newbie

Digickle

I got my 6 Plus delivered on the 19th and am now wanting to "downgrade" to the 6 as it's too big. I know I can walk in to an Apple store and return the phone, but I'm currently waiting for the delivery of my 6. It says about 7-10 business days so I don't want to be without a phone for too long.

When I go to my online orders page it says my 6 Plus is "Eligible for return until: 03 October 2014". Does this mean Apple need to have received the phone by the 3rd, or could I log on on the 2nd of October and apply for a RMA to get the phone returned (buying me extra time until the new phone arrives)?

2. zzoomp09 macrumors 6502

zzoomp09

Even if the replacement is already available, they won't ship the replacement for the exchanged equipment until you return the original purchased equipment.

I was in kinda similar situation, returning a slighty scratched one and getting a replacement.

Now, if you purchased the iPhone6 separately from the iPhone6+, then they should ship it as soon it's available, even if you still haven't shipped the original item back.

3. Digickle thread starter macrumors newbie

Digickle

Ah sorry, forgot to say I've ordered a normal 6 already, but that's got a 1-2 week wait on it (hoping for 1 week).

I was hoping for the new 6 to arrive before I have to send my 6 Plus back. But if Apple need to have received my phone by the 3rd then I'll have to return it before the new one gets here.

If I can arrange a return next Thursday/Friday (then in theory the courier collects it the following week) I shouldn't be without my phone for too long.

4. AgentCooper macrumors newbie

Please note, having bought online, I took my 6+ to the Regent St store today and they wouldn't take it back, telling me instead I had to return it by post. The reason apparently was they are a different entity to the online store.

Poor service from Apple. Now deliberating whether to order a 6 online before I get refunded.