Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Digickle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
UK
I got my 6 Plus delivered on the 19th and am now wanting to "downgrade" to the 6 as it's too big. I know I can walk in to an Apple store and return the phone, but I'm currently waiting for the delivery of my 6. It says about 7-10 business days so I don't want to be without a phone for too long.

When I go to my online orders page it says my 6 Plus is "Eligible for return until: 03 October 2014". Does this mean Apple need to have received the phone by the 3rd, or could I log on on the 2nd of October and apply for a RMA to get the phone returned (buying me extra time until the new phone arrives)?

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
I got my 6 Plus delivered on the 19th and am now wanting to "downgrade" to the 6 as it's too big. I know I can walk in to an Apple store and return the phone, but I'm currently waiting for the delivery of my 6. It says about 7-10 business days so I don't want to be without a phone for too long.

When I go to my online orders page it says my 6 Plus is "Eligible for return until: 03 October 2014". Does this mean Apple need to have received the phone by the 3rd, or could I log on on the 2nd of October and apply for a RMA to get the phone returned (buying me extra time until the new phone arrives)?

Even if the replacement is already available, they won't ship the replacement for the exchanged equipment until you return the original purchased equipment.

I was in kinda similar situation, returning a slighty scratched one and getting a replacement.

Now, if you purchased the iPhone6 separately from the iPhone6+, then they should ship it as soon it's available, even if you still haven't shipped the original item back.

Digickle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
UK
Ah sorry, forgot to say I've ordered a normal 6 already, but that's got a 1-2 week wait on it (hoping for 1 week).

I was hoping for the new 6 to arrive before I have to send my 6 Plus back. But if Apple need to have received my phone by the 3rd then I'll have to return it before the new one gets here.

If I can arrange a return next Thursday/Friday (then in theory the courier collects it the following week) I shouldn't be without my phone for too long.

AgentCooper

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Please note, having bought online, I took my 6+ to the Regent St store today and they wouldn't take it back, telling me instead I had to return it by post. The reason apparently was they are a different entity to the online store.

Poor service from Apple. Now deliberating whether to order a 6 online before I get refunded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.