Returning Revirginized Phone to Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Xacent, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Xacent macrumors member

I searched the forums about this and didn't find much.

What do store employees check when you bring in a phone? My phone's IMEI is correct (after the revirginizing) but do they check anything else to see if it was previously jailbroken/unlocked.

I have an appointment at the apple store tomorrow to try to exchange my phone (the bezel is detaching) and I want to make sure there isn't anything that will cause them to refuse the exchange.

Also I'm not sure if this is unusual or not but I currently don't have any carrier displayed, just empty bars. The phone doesn't complain about not having a SIM or anything it just has the activate screen.

Any suggestions, recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I was with my friend when he had his iPhone replaced about two months ago and it was a pretty simple process. The Genius didn't plug the phone in or anything, he simply looked in the settings really quick and then turned the phone off and exchanged it. I don't know that there is anything that can be seen within settings that tells that the phone has been hacked because I haven't hacked mine, but as long as there isn't you should be ok.

3. Luke Redpath macrumors 6502a

They will check to see if it's been hacked in any way.

4. Xacent thread starter macrumors member

Just got back from the Apple store and they exchanged it with no problems. In fact they didn't even turn it on.

So I guess they won't check to see if it's been hacked in any way.

5. Dfndr90 macrumors regular

Dfndr90

I had to return mine to the Apple store also, and they never checked a thing. I am a regular customer and now a lot of the sales people. A couple of them also know that I hacked my phone, but they are really cool about it. I have never had any trouble with any product exchange at the store. I think it is all about attitude when you go in.

Matt...