returning the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KilGil27, Oct 11, 2007.

1. KilGil27 macrumors regular

KilGil27

If I return my iPhone within the 14 day return period, and I already activated it, would I still be stuck with the extra $20 a month I added to my at&t plan, or would that get canceled as well?

2. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Not sure about this one, but you should call up AT&T anyway just to make sure. Why are you returning the iphone?

3. KilGil27 thread starter macrumors regular

KilGil27

got in an accident, and I need to pay for repairs. It's not that I don't like it, I wish I could keep it :(

4. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

That's ashame. I hope you and everyone else is ok!!

5. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The data plan is listed as "IPHONE DATA + ###" (### representing the number of texts you get) on my bill, so I would assume that if you call AT&T and tell them that your are no longer using the iPhone you could get this knocked off.

Shouldn't be a problem since it sounds like you were already an AT&T customer (and I would guess AT&T might be happy somewhat since they don't have to give Apple part of your fees anymore :p)

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

You can call AT&T and tell them that you have returned your iPhone and dont want the unlimmited edge plan which came with it and I am sure they will just strike it off.

7. silbeej macrumors 6502a

AT&T has a 30 day trial period, so i guess that would apply to the iPhone plan as well.