Returning the macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nortmansdad, Nov 30, 2007.

1. nortmansdad macrumors newbie

How long do you have to return a computer? I see the new ultraportable might be coming out and maybe ill get that instead. I just bought the pro like 3 weeks ago

2. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I believe it's 14 days--if unopened you get a full refund, if you open it and use it you have to pay a $200 restocking fee.

It appears that you're out of luck. If you really want a a new subnotebook (if they come out with it) I would suggest to sell it on ebay or a similar site, you will probably get a big chunk of the money back on such a new computer.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

I'm returning mine because the improved LCD is *****. My older 2.33 MBP display is much better. A current MBP is not one that you are going to miss. The return policy is 14 days in the UK. I don't know where you are so I can't comment on the return policy there.

4. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

There needs to be something wrong with it for them to take it back after 14 days.

5. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Actually, that isn't true. I am 100% certain that if you bring back a computer or other Apple product to The Apple Store within 14 days, they will take it back no questions asked with no restocking fee.

6. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

uh... okay, what part of my comment are you disputing again?

7. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

He said AFTER 14 days, if it's within 14 days they have to take it back.

If the notebook is broken, do they give you a full refund? Cause I don't think its fair if they don't...

8. Draddy macrumors regular

why? It's been 14 days. it's not like they can sell it again.

They will give you a referb after 14 days... and then if you have bad luck, with like 3 seperate referbs, they will give you a new one.

9. TopRawman macrumors newbie

TopRawman

"For products purchased between October 31, 2007 - December 24, 2007, you may request an RMA by January 8, 2008." - Return and Refund Policy.

So you basically have until Jan. 8 to get your RMA to return your MBP due to the extended holiday return grace period.

Cheers