Returning to WOW, time limit?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by combatcolin, Nov 8, 2007.

1. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Been thinking about returning to WOW, been away since April - does anyone know how long your Char is kept?

2. Rydther macrumors newbie

My understanding is that it's kept forever. Just reestablish your old account and you should be good to go.

3. hankolerd macrumors 6502

hankolerd

unless you deleted your account when you stopped it will still be there. just log in, pay the outrageous price, and game on.:apple:

4. Mindflux macrumors 68000

Mindflux

Outrageous price? You mean 13/mo? aka 43 cents a day?
    :apple:

5. merc669 macrumors 6502

merc669

Agree...13 a month s really nothing....

Bill......:apple:

6. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Yah, cost me more than that to go to the movies or rent movies for several nights, Plus YOU Try yelling LEEERRROOYYYYY JEEEENNKINS in the movie theatre and see what happens.... SHHEEESSH!

7. thisonechance macrumors regular

A not quite so widely known fact is that even deleted characters can be rezzed by Blizzard. A good friend of mine got his back 3 months after he deleted his main and cancelled his account in a fit of rage.

8. dgnhntr macrumors newbie

Ah, justifying subscriptions services with movie ticket prices. Let me ask you this, how much does a movie cost you if you don't go to the movies? Nothing. Seeing a movie is in no way like a subscription. I don't mind paying more for content (expansion packs etc) but subscriptions are great for companies and horrible for consumers because they get YOUR money regardless of if you use their services or not. It is brilliant really, just not for consumers, but if anyone mentions it as being excessive they get pounced on as cheap.

The subscription for world of warcraft (and MMORPGs in general) is excessive, and I pay it because I am hooked on it like crack. I don't however sit around and justify it as "okay" or "just pennies a day".

For my wife and myself, with one year of subscriptions (and this is a average estimate):
    $120 for two copies of wow and expansions.
    $336 for 12 months for two people at $14 a month.
    First year of ownership of wow, $450. And people complain about the price of a PS3.

For the original poster, my wife and I used to take monthly breaks from the game and our characters were always there when we got back. Good luck in the game and out.

9. luffx macrumors regular

Accounts are permanent. After a certain time period, they archive your account data. So it may take them a few hours to 1 day to put it back on the server.

I quit about 2 months ago after playing for 2 years.

It's just not fun anymore :mad:

Sick of Kara, Gruul, Mag, etc. And there is nothing to do inbetween raids.

I will play AoC when it comes out. Was thinking about LOTRO to tide me over until then.

Let me know how it goes for you. :)

10. Badradio macrumors 6502

There's some deal on the website right now to peer-pressure your friends back into it. As you've been gone more than 90 days, get a friend to "recommend" you and you get some free time (10 days?) and they get a free month.

11. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Resisting temptation

Scene from Jedi

Emperor "You want this, don't you?"

Think about it....;)

12. recoman3 macrumors member

Just check the Armory in the WoW website, your character should still be there.. I'm off WoW while I write my thesis (have to hand it in in a week), and I really doubt that my char would be deleted.. (plus if that was the case, people who left the game might not want to come back when the expansion is released)..

13. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Happens to me a lot. Also with EVE online (never went beyond the free trial, by my God is there a game in there).

In the end, i just keep resisting.

14. combatcolin thread starter macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Thanks, checked the Armoury and all present and correct.

After Intel and AMD release there new kit I'll start to think about building a new PC, soon after that I'll go back to WOW.

WOW at 1920 *1200 with all the effects on...:D