Returning Unregistered MacBook AppleCare.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Pures, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Pures macrumors newbie

Hey, I after receiving the MacBook AppleCare from the mail... I decided that I did not want it anymore as I realized that my credit card still has one more year of warranty for me. When I click the return item, it tells me to call them to request for a return, this is will my first time returning something to Apple. Is there anything I should do/know before calling? Oh, does Apple charge to call the 1-800-676-2775?

Thank you for your time, I know I should have done my research before purchase... stupid me.:(

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

So it is AC in a box? Should be returnable. And no charge to call an 800 in the states.

3. Pures thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply. The AppleCare is in the original package, unopened and never touched yet. I live in Canada, so is that okay if I call the number tomorrow morning? Thank you once again. :)

4. Pures thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how long I can keep AppleCare before returning? (Ex. 7 days, 14 days, 30 days...)?

5. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you didn't activate it yet, I think the 14-days policy still applies. It would act like a regular product purchased. If it was activated, you would need to call AppleCare. If you're having a hard time getting it exchanged at an Apple Store or wherever you purchased it from, call up AppleCare CSR and they will handle it or arrange for you to return it.

6. Pures thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the answer iLog.Genius:D I have not open the AppleCare, I ordered it through the Canadian Online Apple Store and plan to call Apple using their 1-800-676-2775. Thanks once again.