Returning your MBA for a diff screen or whatever..

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sparkie7, Jun 21, 2013.

1. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Didn't know Apple were happy with people rocking back to the store and saying dudes you sold me an LG, I want an Samsung. or calling and asking for an RMA? Whats the deal with this?

2. sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

126 views and no comments. I guess  must have a free no questions asked swap out period I didn't know about.

When I go and buy my MBA, I'll keep returning it till I'm 110% happy with every single component :D

3. torana355 macrumors 68020

When i got my 2011 MBA the Apple reps let me try 2 in store before i found one with the Samsung screen and SSD.

4. sparkie7, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

sparkie7 thread starter macrumors 68000

sparkie7

I almost thought you guys were too intoxicated after last night or something to type something coherent. But at least one of you have come out of a coma :D Thanks for the info mate. It's always good to hear some  reps go the extra distance to make a customer happy :p

However I got the impression that the people taking back their MBA's were 1. after they got home, 2. played with it, 3. fondled it to their hearts content, 4. downed a couple of beers and began testing it, 5. checking what model screen they have and then 6. after finding out their SSD is only benching 550 Read/write instead of 800MB/s decide, dang it, I want a faster one or want an LG or Samsung screen then 7. rock back to the store asking for another machine. Quite different from testing IN-STORE.

5. 1BadMac macrumors 6502

1BadMac

Well the first part of this is easily remedied: get something with more than 128 GB. The 128's, Samsung or not, are going to generate artificial benchmark numbers lower than a higher capacity NAND. Less chips to sequentially write to at once = lower benchmarks. Several threads on this. Hopefully people aren't taking back 128 after 128 after 128. :eek:

6. torana355 macrumors 68020

The reps said after my 1st swap that they would let me swap a few times then i would have to take one home and bring it back the next day if i could not find the one i wanted in a few trys.

7. ka-spot macrumors 6502a

Thank You!