Returning your MBA for a diff screen or whatever..

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Didn't know Apple were happy with people rocking back to the store and saying dudes you sold me an LG, I want an Samsung. or calling and asking for an RMA? Whats the deal with this?

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
126 views and no comments. I guess  must have a free no questions asked swap out period I didn't know about.

When I go and buy my MBA, I'll keep returning it till I'm 110% happy with every single component :D

sparkie7

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I almost thought you guys were too intoxicated after last night or something to type something coherent. But at least one of you have come out of a coma :D Thanks for the info mate. It's always good to hear some  reps go the extra distance to make a customer happy :p

However I got the impression that the people taking back their MBA's were 1. after they got home, 2. played with it, 3. fondled it to their hearts content, 4. downed a couple of beers and began testing it, 5. checking what model screen they have and then 6. after finding out their SSD is only benching 550 Read/write instead of 800MB/s decide, dang it, I want a faster one or want an LG or Samsung screen then 7. rock back to the store asking for another machine. Quite different from testing IN-STORE.

Last edited:

1BadMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2010
6. after finding out their SSD is only benching 550 Read/write instead of 800MB/s decide, dang it, I want a faster one
Well the first part of this is easily remedied: get something with more than 128 GB. The 128's, Samsung or not, are going to generate artificial benchmark numbers lower than a higher capacity NAND. Less chips to sequentially write to at once = lower benchmarks. Several threads on this. Hopefully people aren't taking back 128 after 128 after 128. :eek:

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
I almost thought you guys were too intoxicated after last night or something to type something coherent. But at least one of you have come out of a coma :D Thanks for the info mate. It's always good to hear some  reps go the extra distance to make a customer happy :p

However I got the impression that the people taking back their MBA's were 1. after they got home, 2. played with it, 3. fondled it to their hearts content, 4. downed a couple of beers and began testing it, 5. checking what model screen they have and then 6. after finding out their SSD is only benching 550 Read/write instead of 800MB/s decide, dang it, I want a faster one or want an LG or Samsung screen then 7. rock back to the store asking for another machine. Quite different from testing IN-STORE.
The reps said after my 1st swap that they would let me swap a few times then i would have to take one home and bring it back the next day if i could not find the one i wanted in a few trys.

ka-spot

macrumors 6502a
May 23, 2012
Sofia, Bulgaria
Well the first part of this is easily remedied: get something with more than 128 GB. The 128's, Samsung or not, are going to generate artificial benchmark numbers lower than a higher capacity NAND. Less chips to sequentially write to at once = lower benchmarks. Several threads on this. Hopefully people aren't taking back 128 after 128 after 128. :eek:
Thank You!