Returning ZAGG going with BSE

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by master-ceo, Mar 26, 2011.

1. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

2. DoubleVision macrumors newbie

3. holyindian macrumors 6502

For back protection nothing beats Wrapsol.. Period!!

4. master-ceo thread starter macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Looks pretty good too.

[​IMG]

5. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

Got BSE last week, and tried to put them on yesterday. BSE for back protection is awesome. For the front, no way! The screen was too distorted with BSE. I was planning to use the BSE front until the PS Crystal is out. I guess I'll just have to wait.

6. gigemzach macrumors 6502

I love the back protection of my BSE. WAY better than Zagg.

7. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

8. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Get wrapsol and they even have a discount code out for 30% off "twitmywrap"

9. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

good luck it's practically the same skin, rubbery gross feeling, complete crap!

10. Dreshyne2g macrumors newbie

I would beware of bse. My front skin was a piece of s***. I asked for a refund they only refunded me 2 dollars. What a joke!

11. gigemzach macrumors 6502

It's because that's the difference between getting the total body and just the back.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

13. deeddawg, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

That's the nature of that kind of material. It svcks for a front skin IMHO. Far better to even pick up a cheap eBay static-cling dry application style than go with that vinyl material on the front.

SGP or others work well also for more cost. I have an SGP on my iphone4, and put a cheap Fellowes dry applic style from walmart on my ipad1. It worked well enuf that I never forked over the $$$ for the SGP. Right now I have a $7 eBay version on my ipad2; works well. I do have the BSE back installed and am happy with it.

Btw corners on my BSE went down fine with no hair dryer, just some patience. Having used these on other devices before, I knew to be patient. After the initial install, i waited a half hour before pressing the corners in place and ensuring alignment. Checked again in another half hour and they'd fully adhered. Hair dryer would be faster though. :)

14. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Got wrapsol and BSE last week. Applied one of each on two different iPads. Wrapsol was easier to apply. It's cut a little shorter all around and the corner cuts lay down easier than the BSE. I think Wrapsol is accommodating more for stretching during application. BSE fits almost completely over the entire back going right up to the edge for each side. In order for the corners to stay down I needed to use a hair dryer. They both look good. Wrapsol's price even with the discount code is to high IMO, but if you really must have a matte look and feel then it is the only option.

I only use the back pieces. I don't like the feel of either on the front. I use nothing on the screen but if I were to, I'd get powersupport.

15. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

16. outlawarth macrumors regular

+1 bestskinsever (for the back)

17. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

What does it feel like? Looks great! Have you tried it with a smart cover?

18. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I don't really care for the smart covers but as for the feel, i love it. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about with people saying it's so rubbery. When I used a Zagg on my iPhone 4, i felt that way, but these feel nothing like that. Mine is as smooth as the original glass with no peeling edges.

19. jedolley macrumors 68000

Phantomskinz has a matte option, and IMO is superior to BSE, Zagg, and Bodyguardz. I can't compare it with Wrapsol, since I have not used their product and probably never will due to the price difference.

20. Swede1 macrumors newbie

Sgp Steinhell is by far THE best screen protectors money can buy,, zaggs ( for example) have a terrible " orange peel " effect,, steinhells protectors are crystal clear and you can't even tell it's there.

21. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

For back protection BSE is the best in value. Zagg's renowned orange peel rough feel and look ruins the esthetics of the iPad. I'd consider trying Wrapsol but is as expensive as Zagg.

Both SGP and Power Support are the best screen protectors but Power Support, like Zagg, is getting too expensive.

My only concern with the back protectors being cut too close to the edges is that if you have a case that grips the iPad, in time the protector rubs off.