Returns/Exchange without original box?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shadow82x, Nov 20, 2016.

1. shadow82x macrumors 6502

Anyone know if you're able to return or exchange your MacBook in-store without the original box? I've been struggling with battery issues and I just recently discovered my bottom arrow, keyboard button is unresponsive.

This is a BTO so I'm assuming they don't have my model in stock to exchange though.
    15" 2.9GHZ 460

I'm home from college and there's tons of Apple stores nearby, which isn't the case when I'm at school. However I left my original box at my university. :/

Edit - The purchase was through apple.com

2. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

I don't know. I would assume they probably don't care, because the box is not really the expensive part.

3. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

If you have the receipt and explain, they may be more accommodating. When I returned my last iPad Mini 4 they were 100% percent cool with me not having the box with me (I did have the receipt). Good luck OP.

4. shadow82x thread starter macrumors 6502

No recipe since its an online order, but I can obviously show them proof of purchase.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You can download the online invoice. That will work for return.

6. shadow82x thread starter macrumors 6502

Turns out it was no issue without the box or invoice. They just kept the box and gave me the MacBook.

7. Macalway macrumors 68020

Yeah, i was going to say there would be no issue at all, and if there was (with some dick), go to the next guy.