Returns Fee??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrCookieMonster, Sep 22, 2017.

1. MrCookieMonster macrumors member

If you get the X and try it out and are not sold on FaceId for example, are you charged a fee on return as it has been used?

Im thinking about getting an X (or trying to :) ) and if I don't like the FaceId would want to return it/exchange for an 8+

Im in the UK if this makes any difference?

2. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

3. MrCookieMonster thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for confirmation (I should have also said direct from apple). Was just concerned about a restocking fee or such like.

For this reason for me I think this will be the best route.

4. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

I’ve never heard of a “return fee” within the 14 days period. Am I missing something here?! ‍♂️

5. GeoffR86 macrumors newbie

I may be wrong as I have no experience, but I have always been under the assumption that to return a device due to a change of mind it had to still be sealed? I thought once you opened it you could only return if it is faulty?

6. MrCookieMonster thread starter macrumors member

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

In the USA you can return for ANY reason if within the 14 days of purchase fro Apple.

The carriers can charge a fee and some do but not if bought from Apple.

8. DaveyVigs macrumors regular

DaveyVigs

Best Buy and others usually charge a restocking fee.
    Apple is a different animal thus only having a 14 day return policy. I’ve returned a few things I bought from to them over the years after opening and using the device with no issue or fee - but never a phone though.
    An Apple Watch after a week (but bought a new one a month later keeping for 2+ years), a watch band, BeatsX after about 10 days...

I believe they put those returned items through their refurbishing process for customer purchase or to stock for replacing defective devices under warranty.

9. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

In the UK, we can return any item within 14 days without needing to provide any explanations as long as it’s not broken and there’s no obvious damage to the item.

It’s a law in the UK to accept returns within 14 days. So even the carriers can’t charge any fees at all. I genuinely feel like America is still behind in consumer laws.

10. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

We will just have to "struggle" with our out of date laws.:rolleyes:
    There is a price to pay for every law.

11. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Didn’t mean it in a condescending tone. It’s just what the whole Europe adheres to, just felt a bit of an alien concept to me. That’s all.