Returns for iPhone 6 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fitgirl, Dec 1, 2014.

1. fitgirl macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Has there been more ppl returning the plus in exchange for a 6? or has there been more ppl returning the 6 in exchange for the plus?

2. easyfame macrumors member

I got rid of the 6 in favor of the plus

Haven't looked back

3. the caveman macrumors 6502

Returns for iPhone 6 plus

I dont think we access to retailers data on iphone returns...so no one knows, its all speculation at this point

4. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I have a 6 now and after seeing a friend with the plus I am now finding myself wanting one so bad, I'm thinking of selling my and 6 and getting the plus only problem is that I may only get $700 for my phone which means u will have to fork out extra money out of my pocket just wanna know if it's even worth it.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I would venture to say people who went from the 5s to the 6+ are returning a lot of phones.

I know there are returns in both directions, but I would think the 6+ are being returned more b.c people blind bought them who were using a 4" screen.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Here on MR, there have been more posts from owners with 6+ (which is constrained in supply) who had buyers remorse and thought about going to the 6 (which is more plentiful in supply) than the other way around. On top of that, the demand for the 6+ vs. the 6 was split evenly at 50:50 according to polls here (taken at the time of preordering).

Make your own conclusion from this anecdotal evidence, but we don't have actual numbers from the real world.

7. iososx macrumors 6502a

iososx

Careful research will save anyone from selecting the wrong phone, there's enough differences between these two to make it relatively easy.

After careful consideration I chose both. The iPhone 6+ as my Primary iPhone and my personal preference. The iPhone 6 is ideal for the relatively few yet significant times I want a smaller phone. I'll never go smaller than the iPhone 6.

8. ot73nl macrumors member

6- owned for 3 weeks- 6 plus now and, hopefully, for 2 coming years. Much better experience and no problems with one handed use.

9. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Not sure how exactly we are meant to know the answer to that question...?

10. meistervu macrumors 65816

No, it's 6+
    No, I swear it's the 6.
    6!
    No way, 6+.

The fact of the matter is, there is no way one can tell. We are talking about millions of iPhone 6 and 6+ being sold. An observer on this forum may witness at most 50 anecdotal observations which is statistically insignificant because of bias population (people who frequent this forum don't fairly represent the population of iPhone customers) and the minuscule number of observations.

I think a more revealing questions may be: "Why did you choose one phone over another?" as it would allow people to explain their reasons which may align with your concerns or interests.

11. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Sold my gold 5s prior to getting the 6 at launch. Used the 6 for 1 week and returned it for the 6+. At first the 6+ had me excited and what not. Little by little the portability got to me. Even with the phone in my front pockets and bending down to tie my shoes was an issue. I noticed I used my phone less. Didn't want to take it out of my pockets. With kids and running my own business it just became annoying to pocket this thing. On Black Friday I sold it on eBay in mint conditions with 4 cases. Along with AppleCare+. Practically broke even on what I owed for it on my next plan. Got a great deal on a brand new 5s 64gb gold. Content I am. Kinda miss the screen and battery life but honestly I need portability and a great size. The 5s gives me that. Good luck.

12. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

I'm just worried bat all the lag ppl are talking abt with the plus,you have some that say it lags and stutters more then then 6 and then you have those that say that they have no idea what ppl are talking about because their plus is smooth as butter, this is what has me on the fence cause I don't want to give up a laggless 6 for a lagging plus that would bug me to no end especially because I have to put in extra $$$ to get ten plus.

13. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

No lie. I experienced lag on the 6+ many times. At first it didn't bother me much and I figured oh what the heck no device is perfect. But it did lag at times. Nothing serious that it would cause errors and limit what you're doing...but it lagged and slowed down at times.

14. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

More 6 being returned because there's more 6 out there, both in stock and sales. If the 6 is selling twice as much as the plus (and most reports have it more like 4-1) then there's gotta be more returns of 6

15. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Would you say the plus has more lag then the 6?

16. sjperformance macrumors 6502

sjperformance

Yes. From my experience with both devices.

17. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

Thank you I think I will stick with thw 6 then I hate lag

18. the caveman macrumors 6502

I will second that. I had 6 plus for two weeks and returned it for 6. The 6 plus does have a noticeable, i wouldn't call it lag per se but a stutter, like you would see in video games on a PC where video card doesn't have enough memory to load all textures and has to buffer things on the fly. My speculation would be poor optimization at this point. Im sure the stutter will be fixed with future updates

19. Shadowbech, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2014

Shadowbech macrumors 68040

While it's your decision, I would say for now just keep the 6 and when you get the 6S or the 7 then you can decide to get a bigger phone.

As for me I went for the 6 Plus and kept a 6 Plus. I can't stand using a small screen like the 6 -.

20. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I picked up a 6+ today and I'm very happy with my purchase. I use a 6 for a work so the 6+ just felt like a no brainer for me.

21. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

How do u find the performance from the 6 to the plus? Do find it has noticeable lag/stutter

22. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

You already asked that...

23. fitgirl thread starter macrumors 6502

fitgirl

24. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

I always holster mine. Also I need to both communicate and work at the same time, so I wear an earpiece while on the job site.

I've got the Plus, the wife has the straight 6. I haven't noticed any lag, but I also don't look for any. I just use it. I find the wife's 6 too small.

25. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You seem to be trying to find excuses to switch to the Plus (i.e., if there were more 6 users who thought the grass is greener on the other side, if the Plus didn't have more lag compared to the 6, etc.). This is not a good idea.