Returns on new macbookpro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mogwai1, Jun 3, 2009.

1. mogwai1 macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of buying a new macbook pro now, since the student free ipod offer is currently on. If I buy these now, and there is an update next week, can I return the macbook, even if I've opened/used it?? Or does it have to be unopened/unused to be returnable?

Also, now that I've decided to replace my g4 powerbook, its getting harder and harder to not just order one!

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Apple's return policy is clearly stated on their website. You pay 10% if you opened it.

3. mogwai1 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks, think I will buy and keep ahold of it til next week

4. killianb macrumors regular

killianb

If you can't hold off buying it for one week, I very much doubt you'll be able to hold off opening it if it's just sat there looking at you, lol. :D

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

yea i agree. why not just wait?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I really wouldn't worry too much about next week with the MBP, If you bought, use it, keeping it sealed up for a week is kind of crazy.

Personally to be safe, I'd recommend not buying one until next week but I think the odds are infinitesimally small that we'll see an update to MBP. If we do, it will be a minor speed bump. There's really not much else apple can do until intel releases Clarksfield, Arrandale until late 09 and/or early 10.