Returns or Exchanges

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Coco629, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Coco629 macrumors newbie

Anyone know what the exchange or return policy is? If I get mine on 4/24 but decide to switch to a different one do I order new and wait for it to come or is there a return time parameter??

2. trek360 macrumors 6502

3. pmau macrumors 65816

It might be interesting to know what happens to the bands if you return them.
    Except for the cheap sport ones, I mean.

4. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

recylced if opened?

5. pmau macrumors 65816

That's the obvious answer. But do you really think they check every two parts of each band to make them available for sale again?

I doubt it.

If you get a refurbished iPhone, the casing and the batteries are always brand new to avoid complains. Only the logic board is recycled as far as I know.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

If it is opened, I think it has to go to recycle. Hell, knowing apple, they may just recycle all returns. That is probably what they do with iPhones even if it is sealed.

7. Coco629 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was hoping not to go without one while I wait for replacement. More interested in exchange to different watch type.....guess I have to preorder the other one I think I want too.

8. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

I'd go try them on before you start placing more orders. Save yourself the grief. After all, you might think that your decision is either A or B but you end up hating both of them and the one you do like could end up on a huge backlog.

I thought I'd want the stainless steel with the classic leather band. I was all set to order it. But then I fell asleep and missed the first hour of ordering. so that model was way far off. I considered order the same but with the leather loop cause my boyfriend got to see that band a few days ago and said it was really nice. Also thought about the SS with the sport band and pick up a different one for dress later. almost hit the button but decided to wait. managed to get myself a try on appointment for around lunch time.

When I had the watch on my wrist I realized that I hated the Stainless Steel. too dang shiny for my taste. I work a lot outside and could just imagine the glare etc. On a lark I tried on the dark sport with a black band like my BF had ordered and I loved it. I'm buying this more for what it can do than the looks and why not save close to $200. I put the order in via the app right then. yeah it said June but I know from experience that those dates often change to much sooner. And if stock hits the stores before that I can always go for a product reservation and cancel the online one that I won't need anymore

----------

Bands perhaps but watches no. They don't do that with iPhones either. Sealed box iPhones are returned 'closed box' and go to the shelf. open ones go to a refurb center and are sold online as an open box item.