Reunion 9 *versus* Family Tree Maker

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ApolloX, Dec 23, 2007.

1. ApolloX macrumors newbie

I have a Mac and PC. I've been working on my family tree using the ever-so-popular Family Tree Maker. As a gift this year, someone gave me a copy of Reunion 9 for Mac. Knowing that I'm picky tho they also gave me a gift receipt.

So my question is... should I bother opening it? Is it that much better/different from Family Tree Maker?

I'm "guessing" since they both import/export GED, moving the data between the two is not difficult. Is there something one does better than the other? I'm not all together too pleased with the sample web-output of either of them (so far) but some guidance as to which is easier to work with and generally looks the nicest would be nice. Anyone use both have a firm positive/negative to say about either? Other than Reunion being on my mac instead of my pc, is there anything worthwhile it brings to the table?

2. KrisLeeRN macrumors newbie

FTM vs Reunion

Hi, Apollo.

Was wondering what you ended up doing w/ your FTM dilemma. I'm an old FTM geek and got a MacPro last Christmas and wasn't sure how I wanted to proceed. Have you used Reunion? How did the file conversion work?

Thanks.

3. exegete77 macrumors 6502a

I have used Reunion for a few years. It meets all my needs. Very responsive forum for questions, etc.