reuse a expire sim?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PACMAC, Apr 9, 2008.

1. PACMAC macrumors regular

PACMAC

I'm using t-mobile and I was looking to buy a new phone from t-mobile so I can just swap ...my old family contract expire and I'm not the one that signed up for the contract..can I just use the same sim card that I have right now thats expire and just call t-mobile to use this sim for my own contract ..?

Thanks

2. oldimac macrumors regular

Call T-Mobile and ask them.:p

But in my case, I just wanted the sim - well, the lady from T-Mobile said you might as well let me send you a free phone, it comes with a decent bluetooth headset and you are locked in for a year regardless - whether you just get the $5.00 sim or whether I send you a free phone and headset. She said you could use it for a backup or sell it on Craigs List they didn't care. But, if you don't honor your contract, obviously you either have to return the phone and headset or pay the suggested retail price for it.

Just sign up for the T-Mobile service yourself. If you don't have the credit or are too young, perhaps the family member that had the just expired contract could do it. I just took the sim out of the free phone T-Mobile gave me, popped it into the iPhone, did the iLiberty magic and voila, it just worked.