Reuse Windows Product Key from Parallels to Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Awric, May 3, 2014.

1. Awric macrumors newbie

Please help me!

So I recently bought Windows 8.1 Full Version from Best Buy and all, and I have my product key. I downloaded a trial version of Parallels and used my key onto that. 14 Days later (the length of the trial), I decided I don't really like Parallels, and I would rather use Bootcamp.

The problem is, after completely uninstalling Parallels from my Mac, my Windows 8.1 product key no longer works. Whenever I try to activate it in Windows, it keeps telling me "The key didn't work. Please try again, or use a different key." Am I no longer able to use the key? What should I do? I really do not want to buy another one.

2. Awric thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for such a quick reply! Unfortunately, I don't think this addresses the situation I'm in. I believe all it offers is instructions to enter the key. :(

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

If you try it though, It'll direct you to call them. Which is what you would need to do.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes, call and you'll be all set. I had to do this, because I needed to reinstall my VM and I already activated the old VM.