Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Hey everyone,
I am an owner of a rev a. Macbook CD. i was a victim of the palm rest yellowing around this time last year and i had my palm rest replaced, they said they did not replace the screen bezel but now i am noticing that where i grab to open it (and the corners) are turning a yellow (somewhat black on the corners).

I tried to scrub it off with a magic eraser but nothing changed, and i have been able to see it growing for a while. Its really noticeable now and i was wondering if anyone knows if apple will replace the bezel due to the same error in materials as they did with the palm rests ?

Cheers,

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
Hey everyone,
I am an owner of a rev a. Macbook CD. i was a victim of the palm rest yellowing around this time last year and i had my palm rest replaced, they said they did not replace the screen bezel but now i am noticing that where i grab to open it (and the corners) are turning a yellow (somewhat black on the corners).

I tried to scrub it off with a magic eraser but nothing changed, and i have been able to see it growing for a while. Its really noticeable now and i was wondering if anyone knows if apple will replace the bezel due to the same error in materials as they did with the palm rests ?

Cheers,

Call them and ask all they can say is NO!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.