Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
I want a MBA, and I'm low on $$$. What I need is to run Half life 1, and HL2 *all low is fine*, Half life 1 shouldn't be a problem. I do a lot of Microsoft Office/iWork stuff, Parallels is a must, and has to have a decent portable way to go on the web.

Brooklyn8

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2009
You'll need Rev. B to do any 3D gaming. The Rev. A may be able to handle low rez games, but it will probably get very hot/overheat.

You could get a Macbook Unibody, it'll have the nVidia and be cheaper than a MBA rev. B

IgnatiusTheKing

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2007
Texas
I want a MBA, and I'm low on $$$. What I need is to run Half life 1, and HL2 *all low is fine*, Half life 1 shouldn't be a problem. I do a lot of Microsoft Office/iWork stuff, Parallels is a must, and has to have a decent portable way to go on the web.

I wouldn't get an MBA to play lots of games. Get a MacBook or just play them on the MBP in your sig.

Aniki

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Rev A is capable of running Solitaire only :D

OMG CAN IT RUN SOLITAIRE ON ALL HIGH AND MAX RES???!?!?!?!?

jk

anyways, I think rev A wouldn't be so bad, I mean at our apple store it ran spore fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.