Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kloan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I owned a Rev A for a short time, which I'm comparing this to.

THis one, the keys feel stiff to press down on, they're extremely noisy (clicky/rickety) and all seem to be pretty loose.

Anyone else's keyboard like this?

Lumpydog

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2007
I owned a Rev A for a short time, which I'm comparing this to.

THis one, the keys feel stiff to press down on, they're extremely noisy (clicky/rickety) and all seem to be pretty loose.

Anyone else's keyboard like this?

I've commented as have others... There is a definite variation in keyboards in the MBA. My Rev A was noticably louder/looser than my Rev B.

I had them side by side and you could run your fingers over the keys and feel that one (the Rev A) was definately looser an louder than the other (the Rev B).

It was a more "clickey" noise..... I thought this was an improvement from Rev A to Rev B until someone else chimed in and said they had very different keyboards (in terms of firmness/noise) on two Rev A models....

kloan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Luck of the draw then... that sucks. This thing is ridiculously noisy.. it's really bugging me.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
There are some very minor adjustments that can be made. I had a stuck <RETURN> key and ended up loosening one of the internal screws. Not that stuck keys is your problem, but it got me thinking that internal screws play a part in the keys and during assembly there will be some changes in tolerence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.