Rev C, 2.13/SSD Pix w/ Internal Shots

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by ayeying, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

As promised. Sorry or crap pix, my dad has my D60.

Attached Files:

2. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

Continued.

Attached Files:

3. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

No speaker upgrade?

The heatshield stuck onto the undercasing is new... Wonder if it'll help spread the heat over a wider area... I wonder if the fan is the same...

4. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

I did notice there is a thermal pad on the heatsink where the two "O" is located on the L bracket.

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

6. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

The battery is 40 wHr, confirmed on the writing on the battery. Not sure if it's larger.

7. mrossi macrumors newbie

Thanks for the pics! Really are very useful...

Would you disagree if I said that things basically look exactly the same as rev.B? (except for the changes you noted above). It certainly looks that way from the pictures, and the logic board seems practically identical.

I'd love to know just how well that new heatshield works in real world usage. I guess it must dissipate enough heat to warrant the increase in clock speed.

Any chance you could tell us what the idle/load temps are like? maybe while watching some flash videos or anything that involves both processor cores and the gpu?

8. RubberShoes macrumors regular

Gosh I love these things.

I'm off to college and already have a 24" iMac (1st gen, 7,1) but I need a laptop and these are oh so appealing.

I get the education discount ($100) and the free ipod touch (another 200ish on ebay) so i can get the new ones for 1200 or 1500

you think it's really worth the extra 300 for the slightly faster processor and SSD? Coolbook can help solve the processor bump if I chose the slower one but I really like the SSD

any suggestions?

and don't tell me I'm spoiled, I'm paying for this (and did the iMac) so I KNOW

9. ayeying thread starter macrumors 601

ayeying

I did the same thing lol