Revenge attacks on stingrays in Australia

wingsky

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
UK
BBC said:
Two stingrays were found at a beach north of Brisbane with their tails cut off, while eight were found on another beach on Monday, The Australian reported.
Link

I mean seriously, come on! Is there something in the drinking water down there? :rolleyes: Those few idiots who do these kinds of things... why?

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
I'd like to think it's NOT the Aussies who are doing it if, in fact, it's a man lead, revenge thing. That is certainly not honoring what Steve was about.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
This is terrible.

Apart from the moral tragedy of mutilating these animals, it's incredibly stupid. Avenging the life of a man who cared about nature, by killing stingrays?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
xsedrinam said:
I'd like to think it's NOT the Aussies who are doing it if, in fact, it's a man lead, revenge thing. That is certainly not honoring what Steve was about.
I never give Australians this much credit. There are a relatively high % of stupid Australians, present company excluded, of course.

SBT

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
England
This is terrible...I mean, Steve loved animals and surely would have hated it more for people to kill them than for him to be killed by one