Reverse AirPlay?

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Hermitage, TN
Anyway possible to lay in bed with the iPad and choose content store on iTunes to play on the iPad that isn't stored locally on the iPad?

Movies/music stored on local computer.
iPad laying in bed.
Choose movie/music to play from the local computer to the iPad.

Basically I just want to browse my content in iTunes while on the iPad and just play it.

Krandor

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Anyway possible to lay in bed with the iPad and choose content store on iTunes to play on the iPad that isn't stored locally on the iPad?

iPad laying in bed.

Basically I just want to browse my content in iTunes while on the iPad and just play it.
4.3 will let you play anything in an itunes library with home sharing enabled.

So today... no
On March 11... yes.

WiiDSmoker

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Hermitage, TN
It looks like I have to be on the PC and then choose the file to start playing on the iPad though.

Is this wrong or can I just lay in bed with the iPad and browse my stored content on the PC and then choose to play it?

HXGuy

macrumors 68000
Mar 25, 2010
It looks like I have to be on the PC and then choose the file to start playing on the iPad though.

Is this wrong or can I just lay in bed with the iPad and browse my stored content on the PC and then choose to play it?
Yes, you can browse your iTunes library from the iPad and play the content from your computer's iTunes on your iPad without having to ever be in front of the computer.

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA

iPad laying in bed.

If you have a Mac you can already do that using Mac OS X's web sharing feature. Just turn on web sharing and create a UNIX-style link to your content directory and there you go. No transcoding, no worries even for DRM protected movies/TV shows.