Reverse Image Search Your Graphic Work

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by AngerDanger, Jun 17, 2015.

1. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

If you've done any graphic work and submitted it to a website for hosting, you might be surprised where it's ended up. Using images.google.com, reverse image search some of your graphics and post links to places they've been embedded.

I'll start us off with a minor tweak of the iOS Photos icon I made a couple of years ago when iOS 7 was still in beta:

[​IMG]

Weirdly enough, a few blogs (here, here, and here) picked the image up and cited it as an update that beta testers weren't seeing:

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.57.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.56.59 PM.png
    The inconsistency was noted by some readers:

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 5.58.35 PM.png

Somebody even mentioned it back here on MacRumors, and was met with… disapproval for spreading misinformation:

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 6.09.43 PM.png
    I was aware of none of this until I decided to search for my graphics on other sites today. That's what I get for using an arrow in the original. What have you made and where has it been?

2. Acorn, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I have seen one that I created all the time and I didnt even need the search. I was at a friends house and was showing him some software I had (15 years ago). It was an application that could combine images (like faces)as well as create filters like warp and such over the image. I took 3 images real quick and combined them and deformed them using a prism like filter. The entire thing took maybe 30 seconds. The result was hysterical the way it came out. Anyway he uploaded it to what was AOL at the time. This image then spread like hell and I started seeing it all over the place. It was weird seeing it like hey I did that and people are like sure you did. I dont have it on my computer anymore but its out there in the internets world (still 15 years later).

3. AngerDanger thread starter macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

I'd quite like to see this. :)

4. Glassed Silver macrumors 68000

Glassed Silver

Sounds like a very interesting story...

Reminds me of Google's latest images. Or rather their computers they "trained" to make semi-original art or "art", however you look at it. :)

Here is the article in case you're interested:
    http://recode.net/2015/06/20/google-trained-computers-to-make-their-own-trippy-art/

Glassed Silver:mac

5. aloeindica macrumors newbie

6. skottichan macrumors 6502a

skottichan

I've found my stuff more than a few times on web stores, the weirdest moment is when a friend in Japan found t-shirts with my work on it in a store.