Reverse Scrolling In iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SkippyThorson, Oct 13, 2011.

1. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I was wondering if anyone noticed this. On the device page in iTunes, where you look at the Summary of your iPhone / iPad / iPod, you are presented with a screen that can scroll up, down, left, and right.

In Safari, if I scroll left, the scrollbar goes left, and if I scroll right, the scroll bar goes right.

Now, I've noticed on this iTunes Summary page, Apple seems to have thrown in reverse scrolling. How on earth do I turn it off? It's severely annoying. I have Snow Leopard, so it isn't a System Wide option to toggle (like I believe Lion is) but I've found nothing in preferences. Any ideas?

2. slotcarbob macrumors member

Go to the Mouse or Trackpad System Preference pane, and the "Scroll and Zoom" tab. Uncheck "Scroll Direction: Natural".

3. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

No such luck. As I stated, I'm in Snow Leopard, not Lion. I have no such Tab under the Trackpad System Preference Pane. Trackpad preferences are all under one pane.

In addition, this is only in iTunes. Let's say I zoom in as much as possible on an image in Preview, which extends beyonds the edges of the application window. Scrolling up, down, left, and right all works as it has in the past. Only in iTunes does this "reverse scrolling" happen. May I add, up and down is correct; only left and right is reversed.

(I kind of feel like Apple experiments with iTunes because it's so widely adopted. They changed to vertical function buttons for a short time, they took out the color and went grey with the category icons, etc... Kind of annoying.)

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Same issue here, so it's not just your computer playing up.

5. SkippyThorson thread starter macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

Thank you for chiming in - interesting to know. I feel better knowing it's not just me.