Reverse Scrolling Tied to all swipes!

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Nuckinfuts, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Nuckinfuts macrumors 6502

Has anyone figured out a good way to decouple the "Natural Scrolling" option from sideways swipes?

For instance, I had to turn of "Natural Scrolling" because it tied to the center mouse wheel on my wireless mouse (the dumbest thing I've ever seen). But when disabled, it reverses the sideways swipe for switching space (4 finger left/right) and switching pages in Launchpad (2 finger left/right)

The spaces one can be fixed with BetterTouchTool but the Launchpad one I can't figure out.

Anyone have insight? I have yet to put it to apple as a bug, since it really feels like one or at least an oversight

2. nick123222 macrumors member

I'm using a scroll reverser in snow leopard to get used to "natural scrolling" and I've found it very easy to adapt to on both my trackpad and the scroll wheel on my mouse. Just try it for a bit longer. :)

I have not used Lion yet but I expected it to have a separate setting for natural scrolling on the trackpad and for the mouse so you could use a scroll wheel normally but natural scrolling on the trackpad. Is this not the case?

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

That and jitouch are by far the most used apps on my Mac. They are awesome!

5. Nuckinfuts thread starter macrumors 6502

I already have bettertouchtool but it doesn't have the options to fix this since there isn't a next/previous space anymore or next/previous page in launchpad options

I just cannot do natural scrolling, I have to work on too many PC's for my brain to be able to adapt