Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gribley

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2011
My phone somehow switched into reverse video this morning -- black on white, with icons that are opposite colors from what they were. (E.g., the greenish color in the background of the Phone icon is now blueish -- true reverse video.)

My phone is a 3G with v4.2.1 and so doesn't have an Accessibility tab to set "white on black".

Resetting "all settings" worked the first time for a few seconds, but then it switched back (?!). If this were a desktop I would say it was a video card problem.

Any advice? If I upgrade the OS, will I get Accessibility options for reverse video? Should I reset everything (ugh)?

thanks.

Spectrum Abuser

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2011
My phone somehow switched into reverse video this morning -- black on white, with icons that are opposite colors from what they were. (E.g., the greenish color in the background of the Phone icon is now blueish -- true reverse video.)

My phone is a 3G with v4.2.1 and so doesn't have an Accessibility tab to set "white on black".

Resetting "all settings" worked the first time for a few seconds, but then it switched back (?!). If this were a desktop I would say it was a video card problem.

Any advice? If I upgrade the OS, will I get Accessibility options for reverse video? Should I reset everything (ugh)?

thanks.

Trying doing a clean install with iTunes. Restore from a backup and see if it's fixed. If not then restore again but do NOT restore from a backup. Just set it up as a new device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.