Reversed Coloring when viewing PDF on iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EatMyApple, Apr 24, 2011.

1. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I have saved some PDFs with iBooks, and when viewing them the colors are switched or just wrong. I have attached pictures to help show the issue rather me just describing it. But black images in MBP PDF are white on the iPhone PDF in iBooks, and white images in MBP PDS are black/dark on iPhone PDF.

The PDF as viewed on my MBP is saved as original.jpg and the view from iPhone is saved as iphone.png

Any ideas how to fix the coloring issue so they appear correctly in iBooks?

Attached Files:

2. EatMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Randy P. macrumors newbie

Reversed colors in pdf's displayed in iBooks

I'm having the exact same problem on my iPad 2. I printed docs from a website to pdf and the photos display just fine on my PC. But when I sync them to my iPad via iTunes and look at them in iBooks, the photos have the colors reversed or something. I.e. Green appears as purple. Every single picture renders incorrectly.

Sorry I have no suggestions, but at least you're not the only one this is happening to.

4. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

setting>general>accessibility>triple click home>toggle White on Black.

That also toggle the document too and the photo.

Hope that help.

5. Randy P. macrumors newbie

A great temporary work-around until Apple fixes the bug!

Ha! That actually does the trick to fix this problem!

You're right, all of my text is now white-on-black ;-) So *everything* is reversed, but all of the photos in all of my documents look perfect now ;-)

Very clever, thanks so much!

Of course, Apple still needs to fix this...hopefully they are listening...