Revert 10.9 Server back to standard 10.9?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by unfrostedpoptar, Feb 25, 2014.

1. unfrostedpoptar macrumors regular

Hi all.

I had installed 10.9 server version on my Mac Mini for some work I was going to do with it. Turns out I'm not going to be doing that project and the server version is actually confusing some other stuff I'm trying to do.

How can I install regular 10.9 again? Preferably without a full wipe and re-install of all my apps and data!

Thanks,

David

2. chrfr macrumors 603

Just stop any services you may have running in Server.app, then delete Server.app and the following files and directories:
    /Library/Server
    /Library/Preferences/com.apple.serverd.plist
    /Library/Preferences/com.apple.servermgrd.plist

It's probably unnecessary to reboot but it can't hurt to do so after deleting those.

3. unfrostedpoptar thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! I had read that they had made "server" basically one app so I hoped it would be simple like this.

4. unfrostedpoptar thread starter macrumors regular

Another question on this:

chrfr's suggestion worked fine. However, Software Update is now trying to get me to install an OSX Server update. How do I get it to know that I don't have this installed anymore?

Thanks -
    David

5. Alrescha macrumors 68020

At the risk of replying with incomplete (and perhaps dangerous!) information, I believe that the skeleton will be found in /Library/Receipts.

A.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Receipts go into /var/db/receipts now.

----------

You'll be prompted to update if you have a copy of the app on any attached disk. If you don't have a copy somewhere, run this code in Terminal:
    Code:
    sudo pkgutil --forget com.apple.pkg.ServerApp
    and enter your password when prompted.