Revert back to IOS 4.0.1 possible with new iPhone 4 on 4.0.2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by is300guy, Oct 3, 2010.

1. is300guy macrumors regular

I upgraded from my iphone 3GS to the new iPhone 4 just a few hours ago and am now left with a newer firmware IOS 4.0.2. Is there any jailbreak for this new firmware? Can I downgrade back to 4.0.1 without any problems? I have SHSH files for my old iPhone 3GS but not sure if it'll be compatible with my iPhone 4...any help would be great and sorry for the newb Q's.

2. soundwarp macrumors regular

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Currently, no JB for 4.0.2 or 4.1. The next JB will probably be for 4.1. And, SHSH blobs are unique to each iPhone & firmware version. Thus, it can't be use for another iPhone or different firmware version

4. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

Darn, I guess it's safe to say that I can upgrade to the newer firmware I guess since there is no jailbreak for either 4.0.2 or 4.1. Thanks a bunch guys. Gots to go back to the drawing board I guess......sucks...

5. QuickDraw macrumors regular

I would wait a little longer, a new jailbreak is being worked on. Especially if you care for carrier unlock as well. if you update now to 4.1 , you are also updating your baseband and you also lose the known unlock

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/page/2

6. is300guy thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not worried about unlocking so I guess I'm safe for now. Plus I also read somewhere that the DevTeam may not be working on IOS 4.0.2 but instead on IOS 4.1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

7. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

On IP4 with Tinyumbrella, you can update to 4.1 and keep your old baseband.