Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prp134

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
Hello guys,

I know this seems to be a popular question and I've read if not all the posts about reverting back but I'm still confused. I want to get rid of Mavericks (hate it, its weird, it drains my battery so on) My Macbook originally came with snow leopard. But would like to downgrade to Lion.

Maybe Im not understanding correctly but if I want to get rid of Mavericks I need to get my original 10.6.3 disk and reboot with that and then upgrade to lion?

Why can I just do a clean install of lion? like I said, I don't want snow leopard back, I just want to go back to lion.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
What model machine do you have?

Many machines that came with 10.6 originally had an EFI update released that provided the Internet Recovery functionality.

If you boot to the recovery partition now, it will attempt to restore 10.9 if you do a fresh installation.

I would recommend to see if it will boot from Apple's servers and see if it offers 10.7.

To do this, turn the computer off, turn it on, and press Command+Option+R when the startup bong sounds and hold them. If it attempts to boot from the Internet it will show a spinning globe and a progress bar.

It may need to ask you your WiFi network name and password. If this is successful, it should be clear what OS it intends to install when it boots.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.