Revert IOS 5 back to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xxtrag3dyxx, Jun 10, 2011.

1. xxtrag3dyxx macrumors newbie

I think this might help out some that where having problems reverting IOS 5 back to 4.3.3. make sure to go (Settings)(General)(profile development) and remove your dev cert. then use itunes to restore back to ios 4.3.3. please let me know if it works.

2. TheAppleDragon macrumors member

Here's how I did it.

1) Download iOS 4.3.3 separately for the corresponding device, or copy it from the one that's already embedded in your hard drive somewhere.
    2) Plug in your iPod/iPad/iPhone and put it into recovery mode. (I believe this is done by holding the Lock Screen and Home buttons for 25 seconds and letting go of them when you see the Apple logo, but I'd Google to make sure.) MAKE SURE IT IS RECOVERY MODE AND NOT DFU. DFU didn't work for me.
    3) Hold down Alt+Click restore once your iDevice loads in iTunes.
    4) Select the 4.3.3 .ipsw and load it.
    5) Wait for your device to recover.

I've done this with two different betas on my iPod Touch 4G, and I ASSUME it works for all devices.

...then again, to be perfectly honest the last time I did it was after trying the iOS 5 workaround to see if it actually worked. Which it did, but disabled so many features it wasn't worth it. So I reverted. :p
    My iPad 2's running the fully activated deal, not sure if it would work for that but it's worth a shot.

3. Core5i macrumors newbie