iPhone Revert Reminders database after upgrade?

Discussion in 'iOS 13' started by pmkoch, Jun 7, 2019.

1. pmkoch macrumors regular

When first launching Reminders after the iOS13 update, it asked if I would like to update the Reminders database. I picked yes to see the new features but now my iPad(not on iOS13) does not sync properly. Has anyone found a way to downgrade the database? If I reverted to iOS12 and then upgraded again, would it start syncing with iOS12 again?

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Reminders app on iOS13 but that didn't fix it.

2. pmkoch thread starter macrumors regular

I tried a few things without luck. It looks like once you commit to upgrading the Reminders database, there is no going back.

I restored my phone iOS 12.3.1 and created my lists in Reminders. Then I upgraded to iOS 13 again and it didn't prompt to upgrade again nor were my lists there(they still show on my iPad running iOS 12.3.1 though).

Then I went to icloud.com and tried doing a recovery of Reminders back before iOS 13 and then wiped out my phone but had the same results.

3. macintoshmac macrumors 68030

macintoshmac

It was pretty clear that if one chooses upgrade, the upgrade is done for life. :)

4. Shirasaki macrumors G3

Shirasaki

This is basically the same thing back in iOS 9 when the notes app got a major upgrade. One way trip. Typical Apple.
    I saw the prompt too but tapped no.