Revert Snow Leopard Theme

Discussion in 'macOS' started by heyhikyle!, May 8, 2010.

1. heyhikyle! macrumors newbie

So I was messing around with a lot of different themes in Snow Leopard. I used different ones and I don't think I properly did them right. For instance, I have the menu bar set to one, and then I have the "Close, Minimize, and Expand" buttons set to something different.

To get to my question, how do I revert the theme back to the original Snow Leopard theme. I have tried the option in Themepark, but some of the themes still stayed. Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

That depends on what software you might have used and what system files have been changed.

If nothing works though, you can always use the SL DVD to restore the system. No personal files get deleted but your system files will be recovered that way, which seem to be frelled up now.

3. heyhikyle! thread starter macrumors newbie

So none of my applications and other files will not be affected whatsoever?

4. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Many of those themes come with an uninstall package. You may want to look into that.

But yes, all of your files and apps will be left intact.

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

A double negative?

In short, a reinstallation of SL will NOT affect your installed applications and your user files (the ones in your home folder). After the installation is finished, the computer will look like before the installation, except the themes should be purged from the system.

But look into what calderone wrote first. Maybe you can even try AppCleaner or AppZapper.

6. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

I love double negatives. My favourite is the one in the movie Hot Fuzz: "Nobody tells me nuthin'." Clearly if that were true, he should know a lot, lol. Approx. six billion random facts, to be exact.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Assuming every human being only knows one fact, isn't that kinda pretentious? :p

But I want to see triple or quadruple negatives in the next post.

Grammar Nazi Hans Landa

8. Erasmus macrumors 68030

Erasmus

Fine. :p At least six billion facts.

The Lord of the Rings one is always good "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

And here's a double, triple and quadruple negative for you to wrap your head around.: No-one shouldn't buy a Mac. In fact, people shouldn't ever not turn down a PC, and should never not neglect to delay buying Apple.