Revert to 10.5.6 after 10.5.7 Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macuser154, May 16, 2009.

1. macuser154 macrumors 6502

I haven't updated to 10.5.7 yet, but after reading bad things about the update I would just like to know if I could go back to 10.5.6 if I did. I have a Time Machine backup if that helps.

2. MAC-PRO-DEMON macrumors 6502a

MAC-PRO-DEMON

I have had no problems... with all of my computers updated... it is the same with every update... there is like 5% chance, if that there is going to be a problem.. I wouldn't worry... Oh.. if something does happen... make sure that before you click "Restart" in software update... that you disconnect your Time Machine HD... After it has restarted... (It installed, restarted, and then restarted again before I saw the logon window for me..) make sure that everything that you had used before is working, and then plugin your Time Machine HD and let it backup.. if it has not gone well... then you can do a clean install and restore from your backup (that is before you installed 10.5.7..)

You are right to be paranoid... but not that paranoid.. :eek:

J

3. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

Select system folder, then hit restore

I think if you want to revert to 10.5.6 using time machine, you just enter TM, go back to a date right before you did the update, select the system folder, then hit restore. After that, restart. Since there may also be other files, you might want to select every folder on your disk, and hit restore. It's my understanding that this is how it works.

Could someone who has done something like this confirm the process?