Revert to Watch OS 1.0?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fanta88, May 24, 2015.

1. fanta88 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if this has been answered in an earlier thread, but I would like to know if there's a way to revert to Watch OS 1.0 while keeping all the data I have recorded so far.

Thanks!

2. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Considering you can not plug the watch into your computer I'm gonna say currently it's not at all possible. It also made me wonder how Watch OS betas will be handled. Is that when the diagnostic port will come into play?

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Probably won't be able to downgrade the beta. So when they tell you not to use it on your day-to-day device and only on a device meant for development, you'll really want to listen. IMO.

4. fanta88 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ugh, that's what I suspected.

Welp, looks like I'll be crossing my fingers that 1.02 or 1.1 comes out fast.

5. CellXor10 macrumors regular

Curious- what are the reasons why you so badly want to revert back to Watch OS 1.0? I'll admit that the whole HR reading bug had begun to tick me off a mere 24 hours after updating to 1.0.1, and it seems/feels like it has been getting worse over the past few days (tho I suspect this is because it has been increasingly on my mind, and I check the intervals in Health/time of the last reading in the Glances more frequently day to day).

But other than that, I haven't found any issues with 1.0.1 [that noticeably stick out and bother me, perhaps], and the benefits it has provided- Glances MUCH quicker, 3rd party apps throughout loading much quicker, etc- have far outweighed that setback.

So curious why someone would be dead-set on diverting back.

6. fanta88 thread starter macrumors 6502

I admit the 3rd party apps have been faster but most still have limited functionality for me. The phone app is still superior, feature-wise, so I just pull out my phone for those.

Glances have also been faster, but honestly the loading times didn't bother me on 1.0. Screen activation, for me, was fine on 1.0 -- if anything, I find the watch screen too easy to turn on now haha.

I have two uses for the watch. To triage notifications/messages, and to serve as a fitness tracker. While on Watch 1.0, both uses worked quite well. However, Watch 1.01 has pretty much nullified the second use. I will go for an hour -- sometimes a couple of hours, even -- between readings while not in workout mode. Frankly, that's unacceptable for me.

7. ChinaRye macrumors 6502

ChinaRye

I would imagine that updates will be quite frequent since bugs are still aplenty.

8. fanta88 thread starter macrumors 6502

I hope so, although next time I will wait to see about the consensus regarding the update before I download it myself.

To be fair, I did wait 1.01 out a bit too. Just not long enough haha.