Reverting back from Lion Upgrade??

Discussion in 'iMac' started by BEL86, Aug 29, 2011.

1. BEL86 macrumors newbie

Is there a way to toggle back and forth between my Lion upgrade to what I had prior to Lion (without uninstalling and re-installing it each time). I have many programs that worked prior to my Lion upgrade (photoshop, microsoft suite etc - all older versions) but they do not run off of Lion.

I really love the Lion OS, but I want to use my old programs and not have to buy new ones since I am computer-poor at the moment :)

Any suggestions??

2. DESNOS macrumors 6502

If you have a snow leopard disk still, resize your main drive and create a new partition and install Snow Leopard on it. You shouldn't have to copy anything since all your data will be on the Lion drive.

3. BEL86 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. DESNOS, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2011

DESNOS macrumors 6502

Snow Leopard disk. It should either be on disks that came with your computer or discs you used to upgrade to snow leopard if you had.

5. BEL86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh! Sorry - this computer came pre-loaded with Snow Leopard, so would there still be a disk?

6. DESNOS macrumors 6502

Yes. It should have come with installation media. Use Disk Utility to shrink your main partition, create a new partition, then install snow leopard.