Reverting back to iOS6

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by benterz222, Oct 27, 2013.

1. benterz222 macrumors newbie

Is there any way at all? Literally can't stand iOS7. What if you jailbreak the phone? I have a 4S.

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Nope, sorry.

There isn't a jailbreak released yet for iOS 7 either, but once there is one you can install it and disable/change whatever you don't like.

3. benterz222 thread starter macrumors newbie

So when the jailbreak comes out, will I be able to revert back to whatever OS I want? Or just be able to change stuff in iOS7?

4. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Do you have blobs saved for iOS 6? If you do then you might be able to downgrade but I'm not sure. If you don't then you definitely can't.

5. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I think all you can do is just change stuff in the current OS. You can only revert if you've saved your shsh blobs while in iOS6, and thats only if you have an older device (not sure if the 4S is one of those though). But unless you did that I don't think there is a way to revert. You can try to complain to apple and try to trade for a refurb 4S with iOS6 installed, not sure if they will do that or not though...

6. YanniDepp macrumors 6502

YanniDepp

Nope. No way to downgrade even if you jailbreak. Only iPhone 4 can be downgraded and even then only if you have shsh blobs.

Enjoy iOS 7. You can't get rid of it.

7. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

More like you'll more or less accept that there's not much you can do about it unfortunately. That definitely speaks highly of the whole thing.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Best and fastest thing you can do us buy a phone with ios6 on it and sell yours.

10. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Nah, this is actually very likely. I kind of disliked iOS 7 at first, but then I got used to it. Now iOS 6 feels primitive when I use it.

We are difficult creatures when it comes to change. Just give it time.

11. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Sadly, right now, there's absolutely no way to downgrade a 4S or newer device. Your only options right now would be to try to find a 4S that hasn't been updated yet, or just get used to iOS 7. (good luck with the latter!)

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Different people. I've been using iOS 7 since beta 1, so it's been months already. I've certainly stopped caring for the most part, but I wouldn't go as far as saying that I've gotten used to it even. Just stopped caring mostly because there's not much that I can do about it. While this certainly doesn't apply to a lot of people, I'm fairly sure it's like that to at least some group of people too. So I guess I wouldn't say one thing is very likely over another, as it's probably quite likely that people have quite a few different takes on it.

13. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Jailbreaking is different from being able to restore any firmware you want

Even if a way to downgrade is discovered, it probably won't be anytime soon