Reverting previous unlocked Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by shinhaku, Sep 11, 2011.

1. shinhaku macrumors newbie

I'm planning on selling my iphone 4 which I manually unlocked. I will revert the phone to its original state so that all my data and apps are clean for whoever buys it. So will my phone stay unlocked or will it revert back to a locked phone?

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

What are you using to revert your iphone? Unless you're using pwnage or tiny umbrella, you'll lose the unlockable bb.

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

If It's Properly

Unlocked, there is no reason why it would lock itself, and should remain so.

I'm not sure where you live, but here in the UK my Apple purchased iphone4 will accept any sim and remains unlocked.

I know things are different across the pond, but can't see why just inserting a sim would lock the phone.

Just ensure you have removed all your personal stuff before you part with it:)

4. shinhaku thread starter macrumors newbie

When I sold my ipod touch before, I just clicked the button on Itunes which basically reverted the ipod touch to its original state like wen I first got it which the basic apps.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

It's a completely different system in the US and it'll relock when you restore.

shinhaku, which country and operator is the phone from?

6. shinhaku thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it from Verizon this Feb

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO:D
    Ok, so you didnt unlock anything.
    You just JB it probably.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Verizon?! Unlocking is irrelevant for cdma phones. I thought you had a gsm phone. That's the only network where it matters if it's unlocked or not.