General Reverting to 7.1.2 JB from iOS 8 GM...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Wowzera, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Wowzera macrumors 6502a

Hello,

I have upgraded to iOS 8 GM, but I was having some wifi problems and didn't like to lose my jailbreak at all.

I tried restoring back to iOS 7.1.2, but every time I try to restore my backup (whose I did with all my files) itunes prompt me an error telling that I can't restore the backup because the lower version of the iOS (7.1.2).

So, let me ask you: Is there a way to revert back to iOS 7.1.2 using my backup?

I still have a 7.1.2 backup, from 09/09/2014. I know how to import back some new photos and the messages history, but I can't import my WhatsApp Media + Chat History.

Is there a way (or a jailbreak tweak) that could help me?
    I tried extracting the whatsapp files from iOS 8 backup and putting them back into the WhatsApp folder using iFunBox, but the media didn't show up!

Any help?

2. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

On 7.1.2 and jailbroken you need to install Apple File Conduit "2" from cydia before you can access the filestructure with iFunbox.

3. Wowzera thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I know that. I have full access to my iPhone using iFunBox. The problem is that I can't manage how to restore properly the photos and whatsapp data from my iOS 8 backup.

I extract the files from the iOS 8 backup, put them in the DCMI folder (photos and videos, as is in the iOS 8 backup) and the whatsapp folder (exactly files stored in the iOS 8 backup), but it doesn't work properly :(