Reverting to an older firmware?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by n0uri, Jun 17, 2011.

1. n0uri macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, just a quick question.

My iPhone 4 (ATT) is running on iOS 5 beta, and I want to go back to a different firmware. I have my shsh blobs saved(from 4.2.1), but I have no idea how to even begin to get back to that firmware. Are my blobs even needed? I feel like a total noob :confused: but any help would be appreciated. :D

Thanks! :D

2. n0uri, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

n0uri thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, I downloaded the 4.2.1 ipsw, tried to restore to it on the new itunes beta and it didn't work. any suggestions?

some more info on the error.

The iPhone could not restored, an unknown error occurred (3194).

Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above.

3. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

apple is not signing 4.2.1 anymore. you can just click restore to go back to 4.2.8

4. flyingninjas macrumors member

he has the shsh's saved for 4.2.1. so he can go to 4.2.1. first, update itunes. then run tinyumbrella, click run shsh server, then shift click the restore button that come up when u plug in ur device. chose the 4.2.1 firmware and restore.

5. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

i know, but i dont think he should be going that advanced seeing that he has no clue how to do it. amazing what a little reading up on a subject can do.

6. Epic Orange macrumors member

Epic Orange

If you know how to read and understanding the fundamentals of jailbreaking on the internet, and if you know how to save shsh blobs, than you certainly can follow those other instructions to restore to 4.2.1.