Reverting to Tiger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by UncleheFTy, Sep 19, 2009.

1. UncleheFTy macrumors member

Like many here I am a reasonably 'savvy' user but have gotten very grey over the past week or so. I run an aged and trusted G4 and took a number of decisions recently - to add a second HD, to upgrade to Leopard from Tiger, to upgrade to the 2008 Macoffice and to install CS4 (all legal).

I am getting major problems with the machine hanging up and believe that it is to do with Leopard and CS4 (the latter of which I wish to remove).

So, the nub of my question is whether I can revert the machine to Tiger and if so, how!

Can anyone help?

Ta
    Uncle heFTy

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I would imagine, formatting the drive and reinstalling Tiger would be the best route. I have never heard of installing a lower OX over a newer one and it not causing some issues. A clean start would seem to be in order.

3. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

It would involve wiping the hard drive and re-installing tiger from scratch .

There is no way to effectively 'downgrade' from Leopard to Tiger I'm afraid.

4. UncleheFTy thread starter macrumors member

Thank you both, not what I wanted to hear, but it may be the only option. I've taken CS4 off and now its decision time.

Uncle H

5. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

Backup your user files or anything else you want to keep onto a disk or something, then make a clean install with the Tiger disk. It's not that complicated.