Review: 6+ With Spigen Air Skin & Skinomi Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Prissy, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Prissy macrumors 6502

Okay so I took off the 3M Spray that I applied over my screen and tried out the skinomi screen protector I received today.

The Skinomi Screen Protector covers the whole the entire screen edge to edge on the iPhone 6 Plus. The cutouts are about 95% being a perfect fit for the earpiece, touch ID button, etc. as you can see in the pics. If you look under the light at a certain angle you'll see that the screen protector is not 100% invisible; It is also not a scratch-proof film, so be careful with your nails, you will scratch it and leave a mark on this screen protector.

The phone is also fitted with the clear Spigen Air Skin. It looks real clean and thin, probably one of the best case that let's your iPhone 6+ keeps its original design. The fit is about 98%, the spacings around the two volume button could've been molded better, but I am just talking about 1mm). The material is very cheap, it is what it is... Again, be careful when you take the case off the phone, a slight bent can leave a bending mark on the case.

Attached Files:

2. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

Attached Files:

3. reebs macrumors 6502

reebs

Is this the full body skin or just the screen? Also can you comment on the clarity?

4. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I only have the front screen protector and that would cover all the green area. I am not totally satisfied with clarity. Like I said in the OP the screen protector is not 100% invisible, I am not sure how I would describe it, but it looks wavy and not smooth.

But over all I am happy because this is probably the best set-up right now.

Attached Files:

5. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Whoa that's a thin case! :eek:

Found a replacement for the Apple silicone case!

6. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Can you post some pics of the back of the device? This case is being delivered to me today. Same phone (silver/white), but the only color Amazon had in stock that I liked was the gray. Hope it looks alright.

7. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Same here. I want to see how intrusive the branding is before buying on Amazon. :D

8. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I only have 2 photos of the back with the case on. The pics are pretty bad, but it looks super clean and simple in person.

Attached Files:

9. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

About to buy it now because of these pics! :cool:

10. Braddrum macrumors 6502

Braddrum

What colour case is this one?

Is it the grey or the Clear?

Thanks.

11. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

The branding on this isn't bad at all. It's etched in, so it's hard to see unless you look carefully. Spigen did a good job. Another alternative that I personally like better because it's marginally thinner is the Caudabe Veil. Here: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

But, just a word to the wise, if you were looking at the silicone case previously, this one is going to be a lot thinner. I've had this type of case since my prior iPhone 5s and 5 and it WILL break easily. Just know what you're getting or you'll be disappointed. I personally love this type of case, but it's not for everybody.

12. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

clear.

13. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Ordered the same case from Amazon and getting the brown leather case from Apple for my gold 6. I used to have a Veil for my iPhone 5s and an Apple leather case as well and they worked really well. Not sure about the screen protector yet...

14. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

I have seen some comparison pics between the thinnest Veil vs the Shumuri case, they look exactly the same, but I think the volume cut-outs on the Shumuri is better than Spigen, but again... Spigen is almost 1/2 the price and same material.

15. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

Can you post a link to where you bought this?

Looks better than the iloome

16. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

17. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

Yeah I will definitely be buying the Shumuri later, I just didn't want to wait so long for it. Especially since they are both made from the same material, I thought I'd give the cheap one a shot for now. And Amazon will deliver it by Wednesday of next week.

18. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

Just got the gray Spigen Air Skin for my white/silver 6 Plus. I don't like the way it looks. Just ordered the clear version, even though I have to wait for deliver. :( Why can't things be instant? LOL

19. erwheezy macrumors newbie

Didn't see it answered but does the case extend beyond the camera lens? Thanks

20. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

No, but it's close enough that the phone doesn't wobble when laid on a flat surface. And given that the lens is sapphire, you shouldn't have to worry about scratching.

21. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

I have the Apple silicone case right now and it's pretty great. I think I may hold off on this really thin one as the Apple case is just fine for now.

22. cwosigns macrumors 65816

cwosigns

On my 5s I have a black Air Jacket from a Japanese company whose name escapes me at the moment (Power Supply?). Loved the original version that had a small camera cutout that showed only glass (none of the metal of the phone). I ordered that one online. Apple started carrying similar cases in their store, but it has a HUGE cutout for the camera which makes it look terrible, IMHO.

Wondering what Power Supply will come out with for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

23. Prissy thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct!

24. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

It's called Power Support. But that case is significantly thicker. The case OP is referencing is almost paper thin. Different feel completely.