Review: Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector: Very Nice!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by kgenova, Apr 18, 2015.

1. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Hi! Aegis recently sent me their 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the iPhone 6 Plus to review. With much sadness, I peeled off my beloved Zagg Glass which had served me so faithfully, and prepared to put the Aegis on. I have to say I was really impressed with their install process--after doing the obligatory screen cleaning and obsessive wiping for dust, all you need to do is to peel off the bottom film of the screen protector, position their installer over your iPhone, and press down. Then you are supposed to run your finger along the arrow on the installer to help the screen protector to adhere. Once it has finished adhering, just remove the tape on the installer that holds it to the screen protector and lift the installer off. A few more passes with a microfiber cloth got rid of the remaining bubbles and then everything was all set. It's really a good system:

Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector- Thumbnail Two.jpg
    Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector- Installer.jpg
    Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector- Front Bottom View.jpg
    Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector- Front Top View.jpg
    Aegis 3D Curved Tempered Glass Screen Protector- Front Right Side View.jpg

I made a video of the install process:

Overall, I'm quite impressed with the screen protector. This is my first edge to edge screen protector, but it seems very nice. The color I put on my phone is called 'Titanium Alloy Grey', but it also comes in white and black.

Next I try the Imos!

Thanks,

Kristin

2. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Let me know how this compares with the iMos.

I bought the aegis a month back but never put it on because of reports of dust collecting on the edges, and didn't want to waste a glass protector.

3. kaikai830, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

What is the price of the Aegis? also, I don't suppose you can use any cases with this protector.

5. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

is there any gaps between the plastic trim on the side and the edge of the protector, therefore exposing a small area of the glass?

or is it full 100% coverage of the glass?

it's hard to tell from your videos

thanks

6. deb90 macrumors member

Where can we buy the black one for iPhone 6? Thank you

7. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Oddly enough, I am not sure of the price. They sent me the screen protector to review and didn't include pricing information. All you can do is email the company and ask for pricing information at info@aegiste.com. I think I read on this forum that people had been quoted something like $35 including shipping from China to the US.
    As far as cases are concerned, from the cases lying around my house, I was able to get the Aegis to work with: Kavaj Dallas, Kavaj Tokyo, Story Leather Pebbled Leather Back Cover, Verus Thor, Verus Damda Slide, and Magpul Field Case.

What didn't work which I thought might work: Tech21 Classic Shell, Tech21 Shell Wallet, Ballistic Jewel

Hope this helps!

Kristin

----------

Not really sure how to buy it--I got mine as a review sample. I think the lady who sent me out the review samples must be on vacation or something because she hasn't replied to my emails regarding pricing and ordering information.

Anyway, you can email the company and ask for more information at info@aegiste.com. Sorry I can't be more helpful--I will post an update when I have more information.

Kristin

----------

Pretty much 100% coverage. Maybe a tiny gap. When I took it off today, I didn't notice that any dust had accumulated, but it wasn't on there that long--maybe a week? I was sorry to take it off, but I needed to review some other cases that wouldn't fit with it.

As far as a comparison with the Imos, I put that on my husband's 6 Plus this weekend and the install was brutal. Finished product, however, was great. I'll post about it here soon.

Kristin

8. frifra macrumors 6502a

frifra

How thick is it?
    I am surprised it does not state this on the front of the package.

Could it be 0.3mm?

Thanks!

9. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Aegis is not very good with their documentation :) I believe it is .4 mm, but I had to hunt that little factoid down on their website.

I love their installer--it is super easy to use, but they are not the same level of quality as Imos.

10. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

Speaking of which, I thought you were going to post up a video review of the iMOS?

11. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Yep! Working on it this weekend, along with the Cinder :)

12. charis1113 macrumors member

You got the cinder too? Wow! Please compare imos and cinder in detail , thanks so much!!!

13. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Yep :) I'll do my best :) Should have some info for you guys soon...

Kristin

14. LouD. macrumors newbie

LouD.

Did you ever make these reviews?
    These screen protectors are becoming hard to find!!

15. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

Yes, I made a review comparing the Imos and the Cinder this summer. Here's the review:

First Cinder review, for the iPhone 6:

A later Cinder review--this one for the 6 Plus, rather than the iPhone 6 version reviewed originally:

Imos has since updated their screen protector to a .4mm from the .55 mm it used to be, and I just reviewed it:

Thanks!

Kristin

16. kgenova thread starter macrumors 6502a

kgenova

And here's the original Imos review as well: