[REVIEW] Atomic Diamondback Ultra - White

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rotten Peaches, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Rotten Peaches, Feb 6, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2012

Rotten Peaches macrumors newbie

Hello all. I've been through my fair share of cases and today I'm going to give you a short and simple review of one that I couldn't find much information on before purchasing. Here we go.

The case is called the Diamondback Ultra from Atomic Industries. You can find their website here: http://atomiciphonecase.com/

They really only have one or two pictures of the white case, so I uploaded a few I took myself here:

http://imgur.com/a/XXLwQ

I'll start off with what I like:
    • The backplate: The design really does look pretty cool
    • The camera cutout: It's large enough that there are no light refraction issues.
    • The screwdriver it comes with is pretty nice.

What I don't like:
    • The color: In most lighting, it looks cream colored next to my white 4S.
    • The feel: It feels cheap. No other way to put it.
    • No shock protection: The black lining on the back plate is not rubber. It's just black plastic.
    • The sleep button: It's almost too snug. Sometimes I'll check my phone and it will be asking me if I want to turn it off or not.
    • The fitment: It makes the phone look fat. Also, the four screws in the corners don't keep the sides together well, so there is a hairline gap on the left side.

As I said, I'm not looking to write a multiple page review. I just wanted to hit on some of the major things I noticed about this case. I was really looking forward to getting this case and now I'm disappointed. I'm going to use it for another day or two and make my final decision, but I think I will end up returning it. It's just not what I expected at all.

On a side note, the case came with Atomic's version of a screen protector. The application was pretty annoying. There's still a ton of air bubbles in it but those usually work themselves out over time. Also, I tried emailing their sales department with a few basic questions about two weeks before ordering the case and never heard back from them. Just something to consider.

2. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Nice review. $100 ouch. I got a e13ctron with 2 different tops for $80, and I am LOVING the case.

3. Rotten Peaches thread starter macrumors newbie

You know what, looking at those, I might get a white one. They seem to have pretty good reviews. Thanks for the tip =)

4. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Sucks u dropped a c-note on a case you're not happy with

5. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Case looks awesome from the back but looks cheap from the front.

6. imalazeeass macrumors regular

7. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

This just blows my mind. Why even both with a lining if it's just more plastic on top of plastic? Horrible. Just horrible.