Review: Block Breaker Deluxe 2

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by tryppy, Sep 26, 2008.

1. tryppy macrumors member

[​IMG]

Type: Brick Breaker
    Released: September 24th 2008
    Seller: Gameloft
    Current Version: 1.0.3
    Size: 49.2 MB
    Cost: $4.99
    Number of players: 1-2
    App Store Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290863578&mt=8

Another release from Gameloft. The one comes to you in the form of a Brick Breaker game. These types of games are becoming more frequent on the app store and I don't see an end to them. As many of you are, I myself am a "brick breaker" fan. Gameloft as brought us something relatively simple and eye catchy.

Level designs are original and even offer "Boss" fights.
    My only concern is that the gameplay seems slow. Not laggy per say but the motion of the balls and the falling power ups seem too slow for this type of game. I have only played the first 8 levels and the including Boss fight and no hint that this will change.

Replayable factor: Med
    App Store Rating N/A
    Personal Rating: 3 out of 5

Pros:
    Level Design
    Unlockable stages
    Multiplayer
    Upgrade Shop
    Original power ups
    Ability to listen to your own tunes instead

Cons:
    Slow (not laggy)
    Does not live up to the other current brick breaker games
    Size of download
    Price tag

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

*Please remember that this is a personal opinion and is not directed for you to purchase the game.*

2. roadfood macrumors newbie

Can someone explain to me how the shop works? I played for a while, earned enough money and stars to buy some stuff, so I bought the Satellite ball, the Shield, and the Add-on Stack. I went back to the game and . . . Where's my Satellite ball? Where's my Shield? Back to the shop, it's got the little "x" in the first box on those items, so it remembers that I bought them.

So, where are my items? Is there something I need to do to activate them?

3. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

4. peacenotwar66 macrumors newbie