Review: Bodyguardz Ciderz bumper case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by NWI73, Oct 23, 2011.

1. NWI73, Oct 23, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2011

NWI73 macrumors 6502a

This bumper style case differs from the OEM Apple bumper. It doesn't have the "tacky" rubber on the edges like the apple one does which makes it easier to slide in and out of your pockets. The inside of the bumper is a softer material unlike the bumper so it should not scratch the metal band over time.

What kind of protection does this offer? It should absorb hits pretty well as the case is pretty rigid on the outside but a softer TPE on the inside. The front and back provide a lip above the phone so lay-on-the-table design is ideal on both sides. The volume buttons and sleep/wake button are covered in a harder material and the silent switch is exposed.

The case is slim and does not add much bulk to the phone. The headphone jack cutout is oversized so you should be able to fit most headphone plugs without a problem. The 30 pin jack is recessed so most aftermarket cables should work. The version I am reviewing it for the AT&T iPhone 4 ONLY and will not work for the iPhone 4S as the cutout is exactly the size of the silent switch.

The cutouts are precise and the quality is pretty nice. I like how the bottom of it is a softer TPE material so when it is set on a table, it is somewhat "grippy". Overall I would recommend this case. They can be purchased here: http://www.bodyguardz.com/ciderz-total-protection-pack-for-apple-iphone-4.html for $29.95 available in a variety of colors. The ciderz case comes with 1 set of clear skins (dry apply) front and back protectors.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jwilcox09 macrumors member

jwilcox09

thanks, i've been looking for something like this!