Review: Cellairis Shell Shock (Glass) Screen Protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by agallowa, Jul 16, 2012.

1. agallowa macrumors regular

agallowa

I've tried handfuls of different plastic and vinyl screen protectors for my iPhone since the first day I bought it. There more than likely the most consumed iPhone accessory out there on the market today because of the scratch free protection they provide and the super slim profile they share as well. But the problem I've always had with screen protectors are the various bubbles they always seem to have no matter how perfect you try to get it. And while they do protect your screen from light scratches they don't give you any drop protection at all.

Cellairis however offered a whole new option for anyone who's ever bought a flimsy cheap screen protector before. There alternative is an actual piece of tempered glass instead of the normal plastic that other protectors before it share. The level of protection this change of material provides is out of this world. Not only is the Cellairis Shell Shock G Class screen protector going to give you amazing protection against scratches but it's also going to give you a whole added bonus of drop protection for the entire front of your iPhone 4.

The Cellairis Screen Protector is thicker than your normal flimsy plastic screen protector but that is to be expected and welcomed since this is made of real glass. The fact that it is tempered as well is very nice if the screen protector does break and shatter it won't leave shards of glass everywhere they will stay put and peel off when removed still leaving your screen perfect.

Cellairis offers many different colors for the screens border of your iPhone but we chose to just stick with stock white color of the iPhone 4. The color matches perfectly with the finish of your iPhone.

When installed onto your screen the fit and finish is perfect all around the corners of your iPhone 4 as well as the various cutouts. Since it is a piece of real glass it does add a slight effect to the screen but with the included home button extender the feel of the front screen is identical to using nothing on your iPhone.

One thing I loved as well was how easy the install was compared to a flimsy plastic screen protector. I am normally horrible at installing plastic screen protectors but I was able to install this one in seconds perfectly the first time. Also you don't have to worry about any bubbles on your screen they are non existent with the Cellairis screen protector. I did not notice any decrease in clarity of the retina screen as well which is nice. I did notice a slight loss of sensitivity only on unlocking the screen at various times. I could never consistantly replicate the problem but I do want to note that every once and a while the unlock slider would not function and I would have to lock the phone and then it would work again.

So if you want to add another level of protection to your retina screen not only from scratches but drops and cracks as well I would definitely recommend the Cellairis Shell Shock G Class Screen Protector. Yes it is about twice as much as a normal plastic screen protector but it is going to give you 10 times the amount of protection and piece of mind.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.7 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      1.4 MB
      Views:
    • 5.png
      5.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  2. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

Attached Files:

• 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
    • 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
  3. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

Think this will work with a Graft Leverage bumper?

4. agallowa thread starter macrumors regular

agallowa

Im not sure... I dont currently have a graft case to test it on but the Cellairis front alone might fit. I highly doubt a front and back combo would fit at all.

5. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

6. lincolnmayer macrumors member

Do you know the statistics on the protector? How effective is it i.e. anti-glare, weight, etc?

7. der-kaiser macrumors 6502

Looks cheaply made. You can make out the orange peel effect on one of those pictures.

8. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

The orange peel you see is the protective film it ships with, the pics with it installed has no orange peel as the film has been removed post installation