Review: Cimo Replicase Hard Case (Red)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OneForGadgets, Sep 1, 2010.

1. OneForGadgets macrumors member

Review: Cimo Technologies Replicase

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alHB2X-E8gk

Grand total was $8.50. $8.50? That’s it? All the cases I have ever bought for my phones were always between $20 and $35 dollars, but one for $8.50? Now granted this case doesn’t offer drop protection that maybe an Otterbox would give you or even what a Belkin or Incase could offer, but I am not concerned with that. I was looking for a case that added protection from light scratches and just a minimal amount of protection.

Cimo’s Replicase was the perfect case for me. The case is made from a flexible hard plastic that adds a minimal amount of size (about a 0.5mm). The back of the case has a glossy look and feel to it (which I liked) and the back graphics are shiny and crisp. The Replicase’s sides extend past the iPhone’s screen, which allows it to be laid face down on the table without touching the screen.

After 1 week of use:

I have been using the case now for about a week and have to admit that I have been receiving compliments on it all the time. The red is really an eye catcher and most people think it is a sticker because of the back graphics. The phone slides in and out of my pocket easy, which is sometimes a problem with other cases.

Positives:
    • Very comfortable in the hand
    • Able to use my iHome dock with the case on
    • Minimal size added to my phone
    • Able to face down on table
    • Like the red!

Negatives:
    • Camera cutout
    The flash hole was not cut large enough to prevent the “flash wash”, however I was aware of this before purchasing the case. I plan on trying to open the hole a little more with my Dremel next week, but it really isn’t a big issue for me.
    • Case not fitting well (FIXED)
    When I first put the phone into the case I noticed that it shifted around a little, not a great deal, but enough for me to notice. To fix this I took a little of the blu-tack (usually used with posters) and placed them around the phone. It worked perfect, the phone no longer shifted so this was fixed.

The Replicase case is available on Ebay under the seller Cimousa and comes in a variety of colors (red, green, light blue, dark blue, gold, black, white and pink). Cimo was an outstanding seller to work with, shipping is usually free and it was very quick. Ordered the case on a Saturday and received it that Tuesday.

Overall: 8.5 out of 10

2. glen e macrumors 68030

I concur - my red case kicks the crap out of all the 30 dollar jobs I have except the bumpers - I use this on the weekend and my red/blk Vapor for business mon - fri.

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have 3 cases (Red, Blue, Black) just sitting in my Drawer. Overall a nice case but the the one thing that ruins them is the sharp edges that provide the lay-on-the-table lip. They make the phone uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time.

4. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I have 3 cases (Red, Blue, Black) just sitting in my Drawer. Overall a nice case but the the one thing that ruins them is the sharp edges that provide the lay-on-the-table lip. They make the phone uncomfortable to hold for long periods of time.

5. ipadder macrumors regular

Great review! I've always wanted to do one on their cases since I have so many but I can never seem to find the time!

6. glen e macrumors 68030

1500 grit wet emery paper takes care of that in 15 seconds...

they're 8 bucks , not $30.....

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I thought I'd give them a try and will probably wind up giving them away on my podcast. I'd rather spend the 30 bucks.

8. PhaserFuzz macrumors 6502

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

those same cases are even cheaper on ebay for those that want them 8.5 I think is a pretty high rating for a case that has to be Dremeled to me but then again I never had a 10 case 9 is probably my highest. good review though and everybody has an opinion. :D

10. ipadder macrumors regular

they fixed that issue with their white case. probably getting new colors as well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320562705022#ht_3296wt_1137

i think it looks better than the previos version.